Indoor Air Quality Guide in Houston, TX
Lone Star Air Systems, serving Houston, Cypress, and the surrounding Texas communities since 2000, provides personalized, high-quality indoor air quality services.
Learn about the basics of indoor air quality and what you can do to improve it with Lone Star Air Systems’ Indoor Air Quality Guide.
Indoor Air Quality: What it means
As you might imagine, indoor air quality refers to the quality of the air you breathe inside a space. The air circulating in closed spaces can become quite contaminated with various pollutants, some of which are harmful to your health. Poor indoor air quality also affects your indoor comfort at home and diminishes productivity in the workplace.
Indoor Air Quality: The bad
Many indoor air quality issues stem from common problems that can be solved with the help of a good HVAC contractor. Common problems affecting indoor air quality include the following:
- Indoor pollutants: Many products commonly used inside homes and businesses contribute to rising pollutant levels indoors. Use of chemical cleaners and air fresheners, cigarettes, and perfumes should be limited indoors. Homes with pets commonly have a higher level of contaminants due to shedding and dander.
- High humidity: When humidity levels aren’t controlled, contaminants can be more concentrated indoors.
- Bad ventilation: When indoor spaces aren’t properly ventilated, they don’t receive the fresh air flow which is crucial to diluting the concentration of indoor contaminants. Homes and businesses that are sealed tightly for energy efficiency often have air quality issues due to lack of ventilation.
- Dirt and debris: When indoor spaces aren’t regularly cleaned, dirt and debris can build up indoors, diminishing indoor air quality. Dust mites, dander, skin cells, dirt, and more can all hide out in indoor spaces and be picked up by circulating air, moving these contaminants throughout the home or business.
Indoor Air Quality: The good
There are many ways you can improve the indoor air quality inside your home or business. If your air quality issues are minor, sometimes a change of habit can make an improvement. Switching to natural cleaning products and air fresheners can eliminate unnecessary contaminants, and restricting smoking inside can improve air quality.
Lone Star Air Systems offers a variety of services that can reduce contaminant levels indoors to improve your Houston, Texas home or business’s indoor air quality. Our services include the following:
- Air Duct Replacement
- Ultraviolet Lights
- Air Cleaners and Filtration
- Zoning Systems
- Electronic Air Cleaners
- Exhaust Fans
- Energy Efficiency
How much do indoor air quality services cost in Houston, TX?
Lone Star Air Systems offers a complete range of air quality services designed to improve indoor air quality in your home or business. The cost of these services will vary based on the needs of your space. To find out the cost, contact us at 281-306-0307 to schedule a free estimate. We also offer Wells Fargo financing as well as equipment and service specials to help you save.
Lone Star Air Systems is a family-owned and operated local business serving Houston, Cypress, and the surrounding Texas communities. We are YOUR full-service heating and cooling company. We’re focused on giving our residential customers industry-best prompt, effective, and courteous service for new and existing heating and air conditioning systems. Call Lone Star Air Systems at 281-306-0307.April 22, 2014